Tenant has left the property trashed.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant has left the property trashed.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Andy_755
11 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi there,
My tenant has been 3 weeks overdue on the rent and I have sent him three letters now asking for an explanation for the situation and have also tried ringing him on his contact number which is no longer connected.
I arrived at the property this morning to find it completely trashed with internal doors in teh property smashed,holes in most of the walls and bits of rubbish and his stuff all over the place. It looed lie he has half moved out and dumped the rest of the stuff. Also the flat has clearly been used for drugs as there is a smell of cannabis in all the cupboards in the kitchen and bits of cannabis on the kitchen tops.
I was going to issue a Section 8 on the 2 Nov when his second months rent is due but knowing that he is not present at the flat and not being able to get in contact with the tenant I can't see the point. What is the best course of action to take now?
I would like to get the locks changed as soon as possible as I don't want more damage done to the property and would like to have possesion of the property legally returned to me as soon as possible.
23/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband