notice during intial 6 months AST
I have been approached by someone wanting to move into one of my properties as she is being evicted from her own.
She has a six month AST which is dated 2 months ago. She had a gas leak at the property and has discovered that the landlord used an un registered gas engineer to do the previous inspection (no certificate provided). When she complained the landlord issued a letter (and sec 21 notice) giving 2 months notice to leave. All rents are up to date and she has been a model tenant.
1. Can 2 months notice be given after the first 2 months of an AST without reason ?
2. Is the Section 21 notice valid ?
3. Who does she report the lack of a gas certificate to.
4. Would she be able to get free legal advice to fight the evicition ?
5. What legal act prevents eviction ?
6. What legal act covers the need to provide a gas safety certificate ?
7. Does the lack of a valid gas certificate mean the landlord has commited a civil or criminal offence ?
Thank you for your help.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.