Left flat but no notice or key return

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Left flat but no notice or key return
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
Oldie
8 Posts
1 Thanks
A bedsit tenancy has ended (it was for a year). A section 21/1/B was issued, and signed as served by the tenant, when the tenancy was created; it's thus run the 8 weeks. The bedsit has been left in excellent clean order with no personal effects. The tenant evidently left some time ago- more than 8 weeks according to other tenants in the block. Rent is outstanding for that time (but that's a separate issue?) BUT no notice was given to us and the keys have not been returned.I've written to the guarantor without response yet. If I can't get contact, when can I have possession - do you think I have to apply to the court purely because of no key return? My assumption is that tenant intended to go and overlooked them. I've no forwarding address but could start on the employer, lease witness, and check out guarantor whereabouts if you feel it's necessary.
23/03/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband