Tenant in arrears &housing standards

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant in arrears &housing standards
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jay Marshall
11 Posts
0 Thanks
A tenant on Housing Benefit has just come to the end of her six month tenancy agreement. I offered her a new tenancy agreement (her boyfriend &father of her baby left about a month ago). She has only paid 30 towards her 350pm rent for December and hasn't yet decided whether to "accept" a new agreement. She has complained about the coldness of the flat to the Council, who then asked me what was I going to do about it. The first I knew that I had to have some form of fixed heating was during this "interview" when the Council told me they had received a complaint from the tenant. They told me she wasn't eligible for Warm Front (but when I enquired, I was told she was &gave her the application form). Do I press for the rent, put the heating in first, issue a section 21 notice, stand back &cut my losses or sell up &get a job at Tesco's?
27/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions