Abandonment?

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
David K
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Tenant is on a 6 mth AST commencing 02/07/07. I was last in contact around mid Oct when they paid the Oct rent. Rent due on 02/11, 02/12 and now 03/01 is outstanding. I issued a S21 notice on the weekend, before the 6 mth agreement expired.

Tenant has not been seen by the neighbours since around mid Oct, which coincides with when I last had contact with him. At end of Oct, there was an attempted break in and police were called. They have left a notice on the front door. The back window is slightly open but the neigbours have bolted it shut. The tenants mail is piling up from around this date as well.

It appears the tenant may have abandoned the property however some of the tenants possessions still appear to be inside. I have tried calling and sending txt messages but no response.

Where do I stand with gaining access - do I need to wait for S21 2 mth period to expire and progress thru courts or are other options available to me so I can assess the situation in terms of damage and security.

02/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband