Subletting

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rune L
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I let a property to a polish couple a year ago. However, when they did not pay the rent due last month (Decmeber) I went to check on the property and found that the couple, having been there last month,had split up and the husband is subletting the property to another family. I then received a phone call from a friend of the husband saying he moved back to Poland before christmas and will not return. I would now like to evict the family who is living there without my permission and gain possession of the property from the original tenant. There is one month unpaid rent at the moment. Also I do not think I shall be able to track down the tenant I let it to.
What would be the correct course of action? What legal rights does the family living there have? Will I be able to claim any unpaid rent from the family now living there even though they do not have a contract?
12/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband