Period Inspection - a dreadful shock

You are here : Member Forums Access Period Inspection - a dreadful shock
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Alyson
22 Posts
0 Thanks
I carried out a periodic inspection at one of my properties on Friday and am totally shocked by what I found. I thought that the tenant hasn't been living in the house for a while - even though she pays her rent regularly/on time. There is a flood from the bathroom into the Kitchen that has brought about a quarter of the ceiling down and completely wrecked the kitchen units (literally falling to bits as they are so wet). I don't think that the electric sockets will be safe now either. As I can't find a stop tap I arranged for Yorkshire Water to turn the water off at the mains. I have typed up a notice which I will put up in various locations in the house advising that the water is turned off and saying that she must not use the electricity sockets without prior permission and that the boiler is turned off as well. What do I do next - and in view of the circumstances am I in order to say that I/my workmen will be entering the house during working hours without any prior notice. Also as I don't know where the heck she is - how do I serve her a notice to leave the property.
11/07/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions