Keys 'gone missing' in post

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Keys 'gone missing' in post
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Bristol girl
38 Posts
0 Thanks
I signed up with a small independent estate agency in Manchester to sell a 2 bed flat for me. During the period they were supposed to be marketing my flat, they did not advertise it once, despite my protests. They were also selling new flats for the developer at the same site and I think perhaps they were getting a better commission from those and so were selling them first.

They were advertising the developers flats at 135,000 less 15% discount, whereas I was being a trite more honest, and was only asking for 110k (which is what they have been valued at).

After 3 months of no viewings I terminated my agreement with the agency and requested my keys back. Now they've told me they were posted early last week and must have got 'lost in the post'.

I have a feeling they are being vindictive as I have now signed up with another agency who has advertised my flat on Rightmove for 109950 - where they are advertising the builders flats at 135,000.

I am now worried about the security of my flat as I live in Bristol. Should I get the locks changed and do I have any come back on the rogue agency?

17/07/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband