Anti-social/nuisance behaviour

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Anti-social/nuisance behaviour
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
JackP
89 Posts
3 Thanks
I have had housing benefit tenants move into my property just over a week ago. Unfortunately I have received complaints from a neighbour that she can hear arguing/shouting/swearing etc. from my tenants. According to this neighbour, this happened twice earlier this week later in the evening (11-12.00) and culminated in a severe domestic row at 3.00 yesterday evening when the female tenant called the police to deal with her partner's aggressive/threatening behaviour.

I met this lady who called the police to advise this behaviour is unacceptable and is breaking the terms of the tenancy (her partner was in police custody at the time). She was very apologetic and promised it wouldn't happen again.

I am aware that as a landlord I have a duty to ensure that I deal with any anti-social/nuisance behaviour from my tenants but really need to get advice on what I should do now. e.g. am I obliged to notify the council or do I have to wait until it happens again, etc ?

10/08/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband