bad tenants and role of letting agents

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 bad tenants and role of letting agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
DIY Tax
30 Posts
1 Thanks
I wonder if anyone has had problems with letting agents. Letting agents based in Walthamstow have installed a set of bad tenants in my property and have charged me thousands of pounds for full management fees. The tenants haven't paid for almost two months ( on 14 October) and their debt collection department is asking me to get a Section 8 notice sorted fairly soon. They have also had the cheek to recommend one of their solicitors to me. Their reference checks have been shoddy, but they maintain they carried out all checks before letting my property. They are ARLA bonded. I am wondering what i can do to get rid of the tenants and start again all by myself. I also need my money back from the agents that they have taken up front for a shoddy service so far. Emails to numerous addresses at their company has not provided a positive result. The tenancy was set up only 3 months ago. My house was recently renovated after run-in with another letting agent in Stratford (non-ARLA bonded) before this one came along. The previous tenants intorduced by the last agent brought the roof down, damaged the kitchen and bathroom before they left.

I am not sure I am supposed to give their name on this site, but their website etc looks impressive. But once they have set-up an agreement with you you can never talk to anyone who is senior in the company. They keep on passing you on to different people within the company giving lame excuses.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you

10/10/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions