Break Clause - is this valid?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Break Clause - is this valid?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Colin_309
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi!

I have tenants who are 7 months into a one year AST. The agreement says one year " the term is for a period of 12 months..."

there is a Landlord's break clause "the landlord may bring the tenancy to an end at any time before the expiry of the fixed term ( but not within six months of the commencement date) by giving the tenant at least two months written Notice stating that the landlord required possession of the property. A Notice under section 21 of the housing Act will suffice to implement this sub-clause"

They are overdue rent , not two months worth yet, but heading that way. Can I expect a mandatory possession if I serve the Notice correctly now( effectively because the tenancy if finished as a result of the Notice and break clause) or should I wait until twelve months is up, or two months overdue rent, before serving.

Any help and advie appreciated.

Colin

28/10/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband