What do you do when housing benifit is aiding the tenancy agreement to be broken?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 What do you do when housing benifit is aiding the tenancy agreement to be broken?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
rla member_667_940
52 Posts
0 Thanks
The tenants have now gone to housing benifit to stop the money going direct to myself, but to them. They have already stated to me they would do this, and i informed housing benifit in sept 2008, but they did nothing. A condition of the tenacy agreement is that the benifit was paid directly to myself, and it is signed by the tenants, but the housing benifit is supporting them breaking the agreement by allowing this to happen. I have spoken to a manager at HB today, and have been told they have the rigth to have the money direct, and i have to wait 2 mths before i get it back again, and i will not get the money backdated. I asked why was it allowed to change, and was told because the tenants can. They are now putting myself and children at risk. I'm a single mum, and this was my only way to help pay for nursery fees ect as the father does not help at all regardless of the amount of times i go csa. Is this rigth? Is t ok for HB to allow this when a agreement has been signed stating that this is a condition?
12/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband