Why go down the legal route???

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Why go down the legal route???
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
rusty
36 Posts
0 Thanks
A contentious question I know..but.....having been through the whole expensive nightmare of doing everything by the book to evict our tenants, which took 6 months, lots of money in legal fees we will not get back..a court order for 5,000 which we will have to spend more money to get back, a house full of rubbish and damage......and the danger of loosing the house because of our financial position.
I find myself asking why we did not just change the locks and let the tenants do the chasing through the courts.
Aquaintances with properties have gone down alternative routes I discovered today...and not bothered with the courts....
The system seems to favour the tenants. We have been very fair landlords, law abiding, but incredible naive and gullible it seems to me, and until the law is more favourable and quicker to resolve these cases I can understand landlords taking the law into their own hands.
15/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband