I am seeking legal advice with regards to my property that has been let out since Feb 2007.
My tenant has not paid rent for 3 months now, nor has he returned the property keys. The property has been empty since December. All my attempts to contact him have failed. I hear he is suffering from cancer and is a dying man. He has not given me any written notice that he wants to vacate.
My questions being:
1) What is the procedure I need to follow to re-let the property?
2) How can I recover the money he owes me, especially considering that I cannot trace him?
3) I want to get a new carpet put in the property; can I start the work before any legal process is concluded? I want to have it ready to re-let as soon as possible.
4) Can I enter the property without any legal implications?
5) Can I allow letting agents to show the property to potential tenants?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.