Tenant left, but some possessions still there

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant left, but some possessions still there
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Castleby
Castleby
282 Posts
2 Thanks
David,

My long running saga with the tenant is drawing to a close, she still owes just over 1,000, but has now left and returned her keys.
However, she has left 2 sofa's and a fridge freezer together with about 6 bin bags full of clothes and oddnments. She has taken the bulk of the items, ie bed, TV, DVD etc and lots more clothes. I spoke with her yesterday and she said that she would make arrangements for someone to collect them (we have changed the locks), but I doubt if this will happen, judging on past experience.
I wrote to her today and said #seh had until Monday 14th July to clear her possessions or we would dispose of them.
Can I actually do this, is a week a reasonable time, or must i store them in my garage as I cannot let the flat with these things in place - we will cover them wioth a sheet for viewings and explain that the previous tenant is collecting them.

Thanks

05/07/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions