Tenant left, but some possessions still there

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant left, but some possessions still there
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Castleby
276 Posts
1 Thanks
David,

My long running saga with the tenant is drawing to a close, she still owes just over 1,000, but has now left and returned her keys.
However, she has left 2 sofa's and a fridge freezer together with about 6 bin bags full of clothes and oddnments. She has taken the bulk of the items, ie bed, TV, DVD etc and lots more clothes. I spoke with her yesterday and she said that she would make arrangements for someone to collect them (we have changed the locks), but I doubt if this will happen, judging on past experience.
I wrote to her today and said #seh had until Monday 14th July to clear her possessions or we would dispose of them.
Can I actually do this, is a week a reasonable time, or must i store them in my garage as I cannot let the flat with these things in place - we will cover them wioth a sheet for viewings and explain that the previous tenant is collecting them.

Thanks

05/07/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband