Tenant has disapperared. When can I get back into property

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant has disapperared. When can I get back into property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
37 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I have a tenant who has given me countless problems which I have been in touch about.
I have just applied to the court for a possession order, I served all the relevant paperwork and no defence was given. At the moment I do not have a date for possession.
I have tried to contact the tenant but to cut a long story she seems to have disapeared.
The last time I spoke to her she said she was being harrassed (by someone else I hasten to add) and had had a brick thrown thruogh a window. she told me this was to do with an assault she had been charged with. She told me she was going to ask the council (she is on benefits) to rehouse her straight away because of the harrassment. Meanwhile the council have stopped paying rent to me becuase they have asked her for info that she has not supplied (they wont tell me anymore than this)
My question is this;
If she has left the property without telling me (as I say she should have vacated on April 6th, and I am just waiting for a possesion date) How can I go about getting back into the property now in a legal fashion? For instance if I go round there and there is no sign of her still living there and I cant trace her, would it be reasonable to assume that she has vacated the property and change the locks etc?
Bottom line is if she has done a runner what is the quickest way I can get back in? For instance can I ask the court to make some sort of emergency order?
Look forward to your reply
Pete
29/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband