Possible to end a six month AST before end of tenancy?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Possible to end a six month AST before end of tenancy?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Becky
13 Posts
0 Thanks
If my tenant has a six month AST in place and she moved in November 2012, can I end the tenancy early due to a serious breach of the agreement?
Basically the tenant has been aggressive and abusive to my other tenant in the flat above. She has moved her boyfriend in without permission. The boyfriend has been extremely aggressive and threatening to the upstairs tenant, to the point where he was violently kicking her front door, police were called and he was given a warning. Loud music blaring most of the time and a patio garden set has gone missing. This has got to the point where my upstairs tenant is extremely frightened, even to go out, in case she bumps into them.
Can I give them notice now, stating the reason as 'breach of tenancy'? How much notice am I required to give?
Thanks for your help!
10/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband