Be Aware when dealing with Alexander Chase Estate Agents

You are here : Member Forums Access Be Aware when dealing with Alexander Chase Estate Agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
How did this happen to me?
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have throughout this year been battling with Alexander Chase for payment of various monies owed to me. They have collected rent from tenants and not passed it on, had a deposit returned to them by the Deposit Protection Service (which was due to come to me in respect of tenants who absconded with rent arrears, taking all keys to the property with them) - this has been owed to me since August.

In addition, I have now found out that they have voluntarily removed themselves from the Property Ombudsman Lettings registration. Making any sort of complaint about their administration/code of conduct impossible.

Calls are not returned when promised and emails are not being answered. I have resulted to taking the matter of monies owed to the Small Claims Court.

To add insult to injury, I have received 3 letters from National Enforcement Services in respect of a debt that I apparently owe to Alexander Chase - the strange thing is that the amount in question is exactly what they have accounted to me as being OWED TO ME!

Add onto this the fact that they did not reference the tenants properly (who absconded) and my insurance in respect of non receipt of rent was "null and void" as an employers reference on a blank piece of paper, addressed to "whom it may concern" was not classed as sufficient!! None of the addresses given on the referencing form matched the documentary proof of residences so any referencing done through a credit check would not show anything relevant. And to think that I paid a fee to them in respect of all of this!!

This has cost me a lot of time and un-necessary distress. Not to mention how much I am financially out of pocket.

Roll on the day when Estate Agents are regulated - it will hopefully prevent this type of thing happening to others.

09/12/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband