Council Not Bothered About Rehousing.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Council Not Bothered About Rehousing.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Les_536
17 Posts
0 Thanks
As some of you may be aware. I have had an ongoing problem with a tenant on benifits.She has been going to the council from Feb 07 to say she cannot afford this house.
She contacted a soliciter and I have had quite a few letters regarding repairs, even though she is not paying full rent.
I have issued S21 notices in Dec for all of March and she is still no further along in getting a house. In fact the council has supposed to have said 'wait until you get the next letter'. What do I do next ?
I have no gaurantee that I will win my case in court as there are a few problems with the tenanct agreement.I will not get the rent back as it is roughly 6wks behind and not 8.Her solicitor cannot see her till the 27th March , so he cannot write a letter to the council saying that they are putting her in debt and I obviously have to subsidise the councils benefit. Bailiffs have been to the house and still they do not move her up the points system.
At the end of my tether any way I can contact the council direct and make them move her. otherwise it is still 8wks and additional court costs on top of everything else.
Cheers
Les
Dave please answer .
17/03/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband