Advice required.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Advice required.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I`ve a tenant who is now 3 months in arrears, I know I shouldn`t of let it go this long but her brother and father work on a casual basis for me which is why I gave her the benefit of doubt. I took her and her husband as tenants who where both working. Her husband left her after xmas and she`s now not working properly herself. Hence the arrears. I advised her to go to the homeless dept to see if she could get financial aid.
She been assessed and qualifies for 14mth help. Their advice to her was " if you can`t pay, don`t pay and wait till the landlord takes you to court to evict you" !!!
She`s now on a periodic tenancy, do I a) serve her a Section 8 and go through the courts ( 3 more months with no rent) b) serve a Section 21 asking her to leave after 1 month due to us selling the property (which now is in a right state requiring work). I`ve never been in this situation before so would appreciate any sound advice. Thanks
19/03/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions