Asking noisy tenants to leave

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Asking noisy tenants to leave
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Lucinda
67 Posts
3 Thanks
Dear Helpdesk

I have tenants in one of my flats who, from my point of view are good tenants in that the rent is always paid on time, and they seem to be keeping the flat in reasonable condition. However, they are making their neighbours lives a misery because they are so noisy. They have huge rows (despite having recently married!) and shout and scream at each other, followed by her crying. According to the neighbours there is crashing, banging, screaming, music being played, continual stream of friends visiting at all hours, and recently a row in the common parts of such volume that everyone could hear it. The couple living below have complained for nearly a year and now put their flat on the market as they can't stand it any longer. I have now received a letter from the Managing Agents saying several other neighbours in the block have complained, that my tenants are in breach of the lease and a "nuisance". Clearly, I am going to have to ask them to move out. I have mentioned this verbally to them a few months ago, and have written to them this week following the Managing Agents letter, but what is the actual procedure for this? They are always very nice and polite when I go round and I do not see the other side of things. How do I go about this? Do I need to write a certain amount of letters, and then give them, say, 2 months notice? I am not sure how to handle this correctly.

Yours
Lucinda Watts

24/12/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband