Order for Possession

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Order for Possession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RLA member_974
13 Posts
0 Thanks
I have now received an order for possession and am waiting to see if the tenant vacates 20th Jan. I know if not I have to return to the court for an eviction order but have noticed the following additional comment re the tenantsí rights - "you can apply to the court to stay the eviction; a judge will decide if there are grounds for doing so."

Does anyone know on what grounds the tenant can put forward as a reason for staying? He failed to show up at the original hearing date, surely he should have put forward a case at this stage?

I have also just been contacted by the local council asking would I let the tenant stay as he would be claiming benefit. As he owes me a few thousand pounds, has been aggressive and lied to me consistently, unsurprisingly I said no. They are a young family with 2 small children. Could this be sufficient grounds for being allowed to stay?

I can't believe I've come this far to only now find he may have a further get out clause.

Any comments most welcomed.

14/01/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband