Non resident landlord, agent witholding 100% rents what can I do?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Non resident landlord, agent witholding 100% rents what can I do?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
sarah_411
14 Posts
1 Thanks

I am a non-resident landlord and am using an agent in the rainham, essex area who has failed to pay me any rents on any of my 3 flats although they have been occupied and they have collected rents for the last 4 months. They insist its because I'm a non resident landlord and their main office in Winchester is supposedly dealing with it. They just keep coming up with excuses and are taking advantage of the fact that I live outside of the UK.

My accountant has already lodged my scheme application with the Inland Revenue so on my side all is in order. My accountant says it is illegal for any agent to withold more than 22% of the gross rent and if they do, get out! I am fed up and need a decent property lawyer and or some good advice please. I want my rents as they amount to over 5k? tnx

26/03/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions