Possesion order proof of service

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Possesion order proof of service
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
37 Posts
0 Thanks
I am about to apply to the court for a possesion order. On section 7 of the claim form it mentions attaching proof of service "C1" I posted the section 21 through the tenants letterbox and had a witness with me.

Q 1: Should I get the witness to sign a copy of the section 21 notice saying that he saw me post the original through the letterbox? What is the procedure for him to verify that I served the notice correctly? I believe they may try and say it was not served correctly.

Q 2: Now that the tenant is still in the property even though she should have been out on Saturday, what are my responsibilties, if any, as landlord. For instance, the gas safety certificate has run out,or am I responsible for repairs or if the tenant had an accident and wanted to claim against me?

Many thanks
Pete

07/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband