Recovering arrears

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Recovering arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
7 Posts
0 Thanks
We have tenants who are leaving the property on 19 April, although they are on a fixed term AST of 3 months until 30 April. This follows on from a 6 months AST from July 2007. They have accumulated arrears of over 900.00 on a current monthly rent of 525. I can issue a S8 notice when I see them tonight - they have been persistently late/irregular in paying rent - but repossession of the property is not really the issue. The main issue is recovering the amount owed. My pragmatic approach says that I will ask them to sign a document setting out their commitment to repay the full amount owed by sending an amount per month. We have a bond lodged with DPS which will come to us and we expect to pick some cash tonight, but I expect we will be left with around 400 owing. The couple are splitting up and my suggestion is to get them each to sign an undertaking to send a monthly standing order to us of say 50.00 each for the next four months. What else can I do to give teeth to my approach? Any ideas on how to handle appreciated.
15/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page