Recovering arrears

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Recovering arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
7 Posts
0 Thanks
We have tenants who are leaving the property on 19 April, although they are on a fixed term AST of 3 months until 30 April. This follows on from a 6 months AST from July 2007. They have accumulated arrears of over 900.00 on a current monthly rent of 525. I can issue a S8 notice when I see them tonight - they have been persistently late/irregular in paying rent - but repossession of the property is not really the issue. The main issue is recovering the amount owed. My pragmatic approach says that I will ask them to sign a document setting out their commitment to repay the full amount owed by sending an amount per month. We have a bond lodged with DPS which will come to us and we expect to pick some cash tonight, but I expect we will be left with around 400 owing. The couple are splitting up and my suggestion is to get them each to sign an undertaking to send a monthly standing order to us of say 50.00 each for the next four months. What else can I do to give teeth to my approach? Any ideas on how to handle appreciated.
15/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions