Procedure after service of section 21 notice

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Procedure after service of section 21 notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
gene
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who has been in possession for just under a year. He went on to housing allowance after some months but failed to pay his arrears. I served a section 21 notice expiring on 5 February by which time he had made a reasonable contribution to the arrears. He promised to continue in that vein and I let him hold over. He is now making no effort to pay and I must reluctantly get him out - he is in fact a likeable fellow!

It seems to me that having served the notice, I need only formally write and specify a reasonable date that he should go say 14 days notice or so. Would this be the correct course of action please? If I did that and he then got the arrears up to date, would I be reasonably safe in letting him stay on until the next problem? I say this as although I wish him further, the current rent is mostly paid by housing allowance and tenants for this particular type of house are becoming difficult to find. Many thanks.

26/03/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions