Who is responsible to for damage caused?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Who is responsible to for damage caused?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Poppet
21 Posts
2 Thanks
I let my property in N Ireland to the Housing Executive who then provides the tenants.
Now in my case I have opted for the catagory of tenant called 'Licencee' who needs emergency shelter until the Housing Executive can then provide them with a property (could be anything from 2 weeks to a year approximately).
Just last night there was damage done to my property (broken window & broken glass on front door) currently housing a single mum and child but boyfriend from hell seems to be on the scene when damage was caused and there is police report of which I will receive more information tomorrow.
I have the landlords buildings & contents insurance but need to ask who in this case needs to provides the cost of damage as my insurance premium will keep increasing?
Can you provide advice on this Licencee (tenant) position and who really is responsible to cover the cost of damage? Is it the landlord or the Housing Executive (local authority)as I didn't select the tenant myself.
Thank you
Poppet
11/02/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband