How to rid those problem tenants

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 How to rid those problem tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Andy H
9 Posts
0 Thanks
Ive a situation on my hands and would appreciate some comments on it.
To be brief ive a problem tenant in my hmo. He has introduced a freind who has been staying now and again when the manager wasnt about.
The other tenants complained as is quite a nasty piece of work who was on bail and not supposed to be sleeping in the town on condition.
The police got involved and the nasty piece of work returned with the tenant mate one day and lifted a laptop.
Police involved again but the other tenants were too scared to say anything.
A couple of days later he returns again with the tenant to trash my property and liberate all things electrical.
The tenant owned up when the police arrested him but his friend is still at large.
I need to secure the property so he cant get in, no problem the other tenants have already gone.
What happens when the tenant gets out of the cells and wants to get back in the house?
Im thinking that legally I cant stop him and have to give him notice before eviction.
If i do i cant secure the property and it might get worse.
Are there any loopholes i can exploit to stop him from getting back in?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

30/06/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband