Terminating an Assured Shorthold Agreement

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Terminating an Assured Shorthold Agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
Ferrett
19 Posts
1 Thanks
I let my property to an unmarried couple, both mentioned on the letting agreement and each signed it. At the end of the six month fixed period the woman partner phoned me and asked if she could be removed from the agreement as she had separated from her partner. As the rent had been paid without problems I agreed verbally to this. The man remained living in the property but then ceased paying rent and has said I will not get a penny.

Upon reading the Tenancy Agreement I saw that it stated two months notice had to be given in writing to terminate it. The partner who moved out has still not bothered to give me any notice in writing.

Is the verbal agreement I made with her legally binding, or can I still pursue her for rent arrears for one or two months after I verbally agreed that she had no further responsibilities.

26/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband