agents only referenced 1 of 2 tenants?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 agents only referenced 1 of 2 tenants?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
My agents have introduced me to a tenant that they have referenced as she has applied stating that she can afford the rent on her own. There is however going to be her boyfriend living there also and he will be on the tenancy agreement. I have spoken to 4 companies re: their rent guarentee insurance and they have all said that all tenants over 18 need to be refenced for their cover. I have argued this point with the agents they say they have spoken to Austin Myer international who have verified that I can be insured as the applicant has stated they are covering the rent. They do however use rentguard insurance and they said to me all tenants need referencing. The agents are adamant that I must now pay the 295 + vat fee as they have done their job as I only had the tenant finding service. If they havent referenced both tenants have they fullfilled their duty if I cannot get the rent insurance? There are discrepencies with the employment ref. She has stated starting work in 2006 the reference says 2007 and it also states their is only 1 tenant. She states she eans 22k rent is 625 she is living with her parents and they only got the name of the other tenant? I would appreciate any advice -thanks
12/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband