regarding the holding deposit

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 regarding the holding deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I wonder if anyone has encountered problema regarding the holding deposit?
I am using a letting agent to find tenants.A day before the first group of prospective tenants were due to move in their employment contracts came back as only temporary rather than permanent and the deal fell through.As my property had been withdrawn from the market for 2 weeks I asked for their holding deposit but was told I was not entitled to it-even though they had lied and stated that their contracts were permanent.I was told tht this was a grey area of law.
The property was re marketed and again a holding deposit was taken from the tenants.Now 2 weeks later this has also fallen through as one of the 3 prospective tenants has withdrawn.Again I have been told I am entitled to no holding deposit. My property has now been off the market for one month and I have received no financial recompense
27/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions