arrears & posession

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 arrears & posession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
5 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear RLA,
I have been in touch with the local council to obtain direct payments for what has turned into an un savoury couple with a baby. They moved in on the 25th June and started to slip behind on the rent payments after month one. I had to replace the 3 yr old acrylic bath which had a hole in it that they claim was made in a fall by one of them. The place looked like it was not being looked after very well and I brought this to their attention.
I sent a plumber around one month ago to do a minor repair that I noted on that visit. He informed me that the silicone around the bath looked to have been picked out and there was a minor leak which lead to damage on the kitchen ceiling below.In a nutshell this turned into a heated discussion in which I was threatened by the tenant. They told me they'd been advised by the council to withhold rent to save for the place they intended to move to (yeah, right!)I made an application to the council for direct payments due to them being over 8 weeks in arrears. The claim has been suspended as they dispute this and they've told the council that they are in dispute with me and have been advised by the CAB to withhold rent payments (sound familiar?)I have been emailed 2x from the management company to ask if the unit is empty. I sent a maintenance man around and found that they were still living there. They called me to say that they are moving out on November 5th. I am at a point where I know I am dealing with a pair of dishonest serial liars.
my question is what do I do now with regards to getting them out and ensuring that I get the housing benefit payments.
Yours sincerely
Harry Meddelton

19/10/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband