Letting Agent Requesting Deposit Book &Payment to cancel cheque

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Letting Agent Requesting Deposit Book &Payment to cancel cheque
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jas_444
13 Posts
0 Thanks
Yours views would be much appreciated on the following.

I have agent managing two of my properties, until now I have had payments from him within 2 weeks of the tenant paying the agent, but recently the payment did not reach me until over 4weeks, after chasing it up on a number occasions I was also hold the cheque was in the post.

The last time I chased it up with him, he said if I wanted him to issue a new cheque that I would have to pay for the old one to be cancelled and now he has written to me, due to the problems with the post if I wished him to pay the money straight in my account that he would require a deposit book from me. Should I be suspicion of this or is this the norm. I was just going to give him my sort code and account number.

Please note delays in the post where not due to the recent post dispute.

What are your views on the following?

1. Requesting payment for him to cancel a cheque, which he allegedly claims to have posted before issuing a replacement.
2. Requesting a deposit book so that he can pay directly into my account.

17/11/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband