Contracts

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
While renting out my house to tenants, my wife and I have ourselves been renting a property elsewhere since February, before we decide where where we wish to settle. We signed a 12-month contract, with a get-out clause after six months. We assumed that after this period the contract would be rolling and that we would only have to give one month's notice to leave, as stated in our contract.

However, we have just received a letter from the letting agents saying that our contract has now come to an end and that if we wish to stay in the property we have to sign a new contract from scratch, committing us to a minimimum of a further six months in the property. Is this permissible? We are happy to stay in the property but do not wish to be binded by what we see as an unnecessary new contract. If we refuse to sign, what is the minimum period of time we can stay in the property?

05/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband