Landlord/Tenant Dispute

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Landlord/Tenant Dispute
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Simonj
9 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,
Hoping someone can help here.

I have a friend who is in dispute with his landlord over maintenance and up keep of the garden.

The landlord had a line in the AST stating that the garden should be kept neat, tidy and maintained - this was done no issue.

The landlord at the end of the rental has turned round and charged my friend 400 for time she herself spent on the garden after he left - she (landlord) has said that as part of her "design business" her daily rate is 200 a day!

a) Can she do this?
b) The garden in question is actually a communal garden - so how can this clause have been inserted in the AST in the first place? - The landlord has nothing to do with the other flats that share the garden and there aren't even alloted sections of garden for each flat...so how could it be my friends job to maintain the whole communal garden!

Any help gratefully appreciated.

S

15/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband