Problem with new tenants and payment.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Problem with new tenants and payment.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

I moved new tenants in to my property on 25/11/7, taking an advance rental payment in cash of 670 (for the first month) and the 800 deposit. I used your downloaded contract as the contract. I also gave the tenants a Standing Order form to instruct their bank for further rental payments on a monthly basis.

I understood that the first payment would "miss" the proper day (i.e. 25th Dec!), but the payment did not appear. I approached the tenant on the 28th and they gave an excuse about the bank messing up the standing order. Still the payment did not appear. I issued an overdue letter on Jan 1st. I then recieved a credit for 670 on 4/1/8, which promptly bounced out again two days later - it turned out to be a cheque, not the missing standing order. I have finally received the rent in cash on 10/1/8 i.e. 16 days late.

I also gave the tenants another standing order form on 8/1/8 with very clear instructions as to what they should do. They assured me on the 10th that they had given this to the Bank. Having lost all trust at a very early stage, I checked with their Bank today - they have never received any standing orders from the tenant, either in December or January.

Having lost all trust with this client, I would like to understand my position. Can I serve notice on them to move out of the property before the minimum 6 months is up? Or, do I have to go through these problems each month!

Thanks.

14/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions