rent arrears

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
17 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can advise on the next best steps for getting rent arrears and issuing notice.

In summary;

12 month tenancy agreement signed on 25-8-07 and section 21 issued on this date which tenant signed.

Tenant paid on 25th Sept but then failed to pay on 25th Oct.

New payment date agreed of the 10th of the month and tenant then paid for the period 25th Oct to 9th Nov and then paid 10th Nov and 10th Dec ok.

10th January's payment was then missed and tenant refused to take calls , answer door, respond to letters. Tenants father then paid 250 on 23rd Jan informing me that his son would pay the other 225 the next day. Needless to say this never arrived.

Finally got hold of tenant on 31st Jan and he promised to pay 225 by Monday 4th which he has not and i can't get hold of him again.

He is also due to pay 475 on the 10th Feb which i doubt will arrive.

Can anyone advise in their experience the best way of getting these rent arrears paid and also how do i go about getting possession of the property back as i suspect this will only get worse.

Regards,

Ken.

05/02/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband