Obtaining possession via a Section. 21.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Obtaining possession via a Section. 21.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Tina_118
4 Posts
1 Thanks
I granted a lease on 19th July 2007, issued a section 21 at the same time with a possession date of "after 18th Janaury 2008" During the tenancy, we received a number of complaints of anti social behaviour and after giving the tenant a couple of chances we served the Section 21 notice
I sent a Claim form N5B to the County Court on 21st January 2008 and a Notice of Issue was served 7th February 2008. No defence weas filed so I requested a Possession Order in the usual way.
The judge has dismissed the claim. The staff at the court advise me that the judge does not need to give a reason but from his hand written notes he has put that the "notice expired before the end of the tenancy".
I have obtained possession on numerous occasions using this process, but I have never come across this before. I have double checked all the paperwork and the only thing I can find that may have led the Judge to beleive that it was not correct was that within the N5B form - Q7 I have put that the notice expired on 18th January, instead of 19th janaury. However, a copy of the Notice was sent with the form together with the Tenancy Agreement and he should be able to see that the Notice is correct.
The staff tell me there is nothing I can do apart from write a letter asking for an explanation, but once the case has been dismissed it cannot be re-instated. An explanation would be nice, but what I need quickly is possession of the property. What do you recommend I do next?

Many thanks

11/03/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband