student is very late with rent

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 student is very late with rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Student landlord
37 Posts
1 Thanks
I have one tenant in a shared student house on a Joint AST with 3 others. They moved in last July and the lease runs out on 30th June when they wil be moving. He has always struggled to pay his rent and has had to be managed carefully over the year. He hasn't paid May's rent and still will have June's to go. I have been chasing him and he has finally replid to say he wants to speak to me this evening about his rent. I suspect he will say that he will pay May's rent over the next mont or so and will ask if I can take June's rent from his deposit. The deposit is the equivalent of one month's rent that that would wipe out all the deposit meaning that ay deductions would have to come from his co-tenants' deposits so I am reluctant to agree to this. What is my best course of action? I'm thinking of simply insisting that he pays by the end of the month and pays June's rent too by mid June and that, if he doesn't, I will take out a CCJ to get the money.
21/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband