Chasing Tenant for debt owed.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Chasing Tenant for debt owed.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Martip04
24 Posts
1 Thanks
appy New year Dave,
I posted this question a few weeks ago but have had no reply so I assume it didn't get to you.
We get our property back on 22nd Jan when the Bailiffs evict the problem Tenant who has a court order against her to leave and pay back owed rent.
Is there any process open to us to get her to pay by instalments? Can we apply to have payment made from her earnings directly to us?
Are there any other schemes open to us to retrieve the money? Can I sell the debt on to an outside firm?

Also I'd like to know if we can offset our loss for this year against any tax break system as we are owed many thousands of pounds?

I know we can use the self-assesment tax to claim expenses etc on the property at the end of the tax year as normal but does any other stand alone system work for landlords to claim relief on bad debts?
Many thanks,
Paul Martingell

14/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband