Possession order, tenant not leaving and taking Cit Advice

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Possession order, tenant not leaving and taking Cit Advice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
anon_110
10 Posts
0 Thanks
3/4 questions really:-

I have received the possession order giving the tenant the date of the 7 July to leave. He has told me he is going to citizens advice as he can't find somewhere quickly enough to move to and he didn't receive any court paperwork (I believe he was in Jail and his flat had been burgled whilst he was gone, I had to pay the window repairs)

Question 1: Should I give him an extra week to find somewhere or does this put me in a poor position should he then decide not to go later, or should I file the N325 the day after he is due to leave as a matter of course.

Question 2: The tenant had been in jail (I believe) when court papers were originally filed and I took RLA advice and filed etc. Can the tenant now put in a late claim? Question 3: If so how long could it be delayed.

Question 4: I am concerned because the property has been trashed by him and that if/when he does leave he will probably leave the door wide open and we could have squatters, and I am unsure how to handle this too, I believe squatters have rights if a door is open. Is this right, or can I do something if this does happen?

Many thanks
Regards
Carol

02/07/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband