Potential obstruction of sale

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Potential obstruction of sale
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
0 Posts
0 Thanks
I have served Section 21(4)(a) notices to my tenants on the basis of deciding to sell my property, and had agreed the end of tenancy to be 31st May 2008. Having just put my house on the market last Friday (11th April) it has quickly become apparent that my tenants are attempting to obstruct the sale in several ways:

1. The estate agents 'For Sale' board has been removed from its fixings &left lying out of view in the front garden;

2. They are not answering the phone or responding to messages left by the estate agent regarding viewings which has resulted in the cancellation of a viewing yesterday, &the need for me to rearrange my working day in order to attend for a viewing today;

3. They are not answering the phone or responding to messages or emails from me.

4. On viewing the house today it has been left in an unacceptable state of uncleanliness &disarray despite my request to be clean &tidy for viewings;

5. I have also discovered today that an additional person is staying in the house without my consent;

I am now very anxious that the sale of my house could be severely affected by their actions &am seeking your advice. Is it possible to request they vacate the property before the 31st May, &if so how should go about this? Am I entitled to withold their deposit in lieu of the rent due for May if they vacate prior to the date rent is due (1st May) &/or for the addition of another tenant without consent?

I would be most grateful for your soonest response.
Kind regards,
Brenda McGonigle

16/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband