Potential obstruction of sale
1. The estate agents 'For Sale' board has been removed from its fixings &left lying out of view in the front garden;
2. They are not answering the phone or responding to messages left by the estate agent regarding viewings which has resulted in the cancellation of a viewing yesterday, &the need for me to rearrange my working day in order to attend for a viewing today;
3. They are not answering the phone or responding to messages or emails from me.
4. On viewing the house today it has been left in an unacceptable state of uncleanliness &disarray despite my request to be clean &tidy for viewings;
5. I have also discovered today that an additional person is staying in the house without my consent;
I am now very anxious that the sale of my house could be severely affected by their actions &am seeking your advice. Is it possible to request they vacate the property before the 31st May, &if so how should go about this? Am I entitled to withold their deposit in lieu of the rent due for May if they vacate prior to the date rent is due (1st May) &/or for the addition of another tenant without consent?
I would be most grateful for your soonest response.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.