Uncertain

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I let my property for 6 months, for which the tenant paid 6 months in advance and a bond.
The let was due to end on 3rd April. Dispite being questioned as to whether they wanted to continue at the property( I believe they were looking for a house to purchase) on a monthly basis, I was never given a date as to when they would vacate the property. I finally managed to speak to them (after numerous telephone calls and a letter that was posted through their door) on Sunday 6th April. I asked what was happening:
The tennant said they had written a letter to me. He also said they were moving out that day. He would pay the extra days. The property is still not empty today 10th April. So far I have not entered the property to inspect it.
As I have not been given notice, am I entitle to further rent?, as I have not been able to market the property, untill I knew it was empty.
I do envisage quite a lot of resoration work in the line of painting as I did inspect 1/2 way through the tenancy.
Would be grateful for your advice as soon as possible
Regards
Christine Adams
10/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband