offer to pay balance

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 offer to pay balance
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Tricky
39 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

My Tenant is 21 months into a 6 months AST. They left the property 5 weeks ago and have just this week sent a letter ending the tenancy. The rent balance owed is 1161.20 plus any repairs which may need doing, once we have had the property independently inspected.

Although the Tenant has disappeared the guarantor is still contactable, owns a property (with equity) and is working.

I have now received an offer from the tenant to repay the debt at 100 per month but as they have been erratic with payments in the past I am not keen to accept the offer.

Would I be able to take the case to court for the full amount without the judge having an adverse reaction to me not taking the monthly payment offered?

Does the court have any strong opinions with regard to me adding interest to the balance if it is to be paid over a 12 month period? (The tenancy agreement allows for this)

Many thanks

Richard

14/04/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband