Tenant has "vacated" the Property?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant has "vacated" the Property?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
morf
9 Posts
0 Thanks
Some advice on the following please:

I served s.21 Notice correctly stating 01/12/08 as end of period. Tenant agreed to move out and I met tenant at property on 01/12/08 to take possession.

She asked for another two days to collect some of her items [one picture and some kids toys in the garden]. I agreed on the basis that I was only allowing her to come back and collect her goods. I changed locks and gave her new keys.
She did not collect her items on 03/12/08 or call or make contact with me re extending the date etc.

I did not want to leave property unsecure. I returned evening of 04/12/08 and changed locks again.

Tenant calls me today demanding access to collect her items.

1. Where do I stand regarding taking possession of the property? If tenant has "vacated", can I just change locks and regard tenant as having given up possession to me? Tenant has moved to another property.

2. Where do I stand re allowing tenant access for collecting items?

Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Thanks,

Morf

05/12/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions