Regaining possession of property

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Regaining possession of property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
92 Posts
3 Thanks
I have a couple on housing benefit with a ten-year old child. Payments have been erratic mainly due to the council’s sluggishness and now the couple have lost entitlement to their benefits, it is difficult to see where the next payment is coming from.

Given all these issues, I am intending to issue a Section 21 Notice. As things stand at the moment, they are only 2 weeks in arrears and I feel issuing a Section 8 would be counter-productive as I would have to wait another 6-7 weeks to issue this plus my chances of getting the arrears out of them would be minimal given that they are on HB.

I would therefore appreciate your feedback on the following :

a) Are my above comments valid/well reasoned in respect of issuing a S21 as opposed to an S8 ?
b) Which documents would be most appropriate to serve (S21-1-B or S21-4) ? – they have just under 2 months left under the tenancy
c) How should the notices be served ? – e.g. using a process server.
d) What happens after this point ? Is there a hearing ? Also when should forms N5b and N119 be served and how long after issuing S21 ?

27/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page