Suing tenants for failing to give one months notice

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Suing tenants for failing to give one months notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
JackP
89 Posts
3 Thanks
I am suing tenants who have now left one of my properties for failing to pay the last two months rent (August and September). I served them with a S21 notice in mid-July which expired at the end of September which also marked the end of the six-month tenancy.

However I had no idea that they were actually going to leave until I got a text from one of them on the 1st October to say they had moved out and left the keys in the house ! Although it was me who gave them notice, they ignored any contact I tried to make with them during the last two months and was even anticipating having to evict them via a court order.

I have therefore heard that I am also entitled to sue them an extra months rent for failing to give me one months notice as this meant I was unable to market the property. What are my chances of getting a successful judgement from the courts for this extra month ? Am I also entitled to sue for affiliated damages such as water charges, etc ?

20/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband