a tenant has been arrested and charged

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 a tenant has been arrested and charged
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rosy from Tatty
26 Posts
0 Thanks
A tenant of mine was arrested yesterday initially for Drunk and Disorderly. He had however racially abused a lady resident.He was charged for this offence. I had to call the police twice in two days as he had damaged several things in the house the day before, he decided to re arrange the tv ariels in the property leaving everyone without tv except the lady he was trying to help. He left all the cables trailing over the kitchen work tops and all the way upstairs creating a health and safety issue. The Police said that there was no proof so wouldn't arrest him on the first day.
My query is that I understand that having committed a crime,(on the second day) and there are witnesses, people are afraid of him. What procedure do I follow in order to evict him as quickly as possible? He shouted insults at me from his window that everyone could hear. He also shouted and swore at me in the street, the police sort of forgot that. They say if things happen indoors they can't do anything. As it is an HMO surely the communal areas are 'public' areas in a way? Therefore if he insults anyone whilst on the stairs etc is this classed as a public area legally?
13/06/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband