Unpaid deposit and rent

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Unpaid deposit and rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
otherroutes
2 Posts
0 Thanks
On 16th October 2009 I bought a property. A 2-year AST was signed by the vendor to stay in his home. The AST required a 440 deposit to be paid on 16/10, and rent for the remainder of October also to be paid on the 16th. Monthly rent of 440 was then to be paid on the first of each month by standing order.

To date I have received no money - neither the deposit nor any rent. I have posted a polite but firm reminder by Royal Mail Special Delivery but it remains undelivered. I have therefore sent a copy with a further reminder by 1st Class mail with a proof of posting.

It was my assumption that I would have to wait two months (17th October) and then serve a Section 8 notice. However, in an answer in your forum (http://www.rla.org.uk/landlord/forum/post.fhtml?postID=29355) the option of using Section 21 is raised.

Your advice as to which way to go (and why?) would be very much appreciated.

16/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions