repossession

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
SOFTY
16 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who was on housing benefit but her claim has now been cancelled due to the fact that she was sent a new form to fill in on the 13th October because her boyfriend has moved in with her and she has not returned it. I only found this out yesterday when i queried why no payment was paid in November when due. The last payment of HB I received was to cover up to 4th October. I have also found out that she has been admitted to a mental ward on monday 16th November.
When her rent is in arrears by two months can I still go for repossesion section 8 due to rent arrears even though she is in a mental hospital. Her tenancy aggreement doesnt end until May 2010 so too long to wait to issue section 21.
Do you think I should write to her informing her I will do this if she is in 2 months arrears, which she will be on 6th December if nothing prior is paid.
19/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions